Townville Elementary is a community based school serving approximately 300 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten to Sixth Grade. The small school creates an atmosphere of family where all students are known and cared for by the staff regardless of their grade. Teachers and staff take pride in their students accomplishments and push students to be all they can be both academicly and as citizens of our community. Some of our accomplishments include:
- National Blue Ribbon Award (2011) Townville was selected as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- AvancED Accreditation (2009) Anderson School District Four was granted District Accreditation from the AdvancED Accreditation Commission. Receiving this accreditation status means that the district and all of its 6 schools are accredited, and that Anderson Four is recognized across the nation as a quality school system. Townville received a site visit from the chairman of the committee and she shared many positive comments about our school and community. The accreditation process involved three ongoing components: 1) meeting high quality standards; 2) implementing a continuous process of improvement; and 3) engaging in quality assurance through internal and external review.
- Silver Award (2008) Based on absolute and improvement ratings derived from state test scores. Palmetto Gold and Silver awards programs were created by the Education Accountability Act of 1998.
- Blue Ribbon LightHouse Award (2007) Blue Ribbon Schools of Excelence, INc. is a not-for-profit organization established for the primary purpose of improving academic excellence for all children. This is accomplished through the identification of successful programs in schools across the nation.
- Silver Award (2007) for continuing to close the acheivemnet gap. Based on absolute and improvement ratings derived from state test scores. Palmetto Gold and Silver awards programs were created by the Education Accountability Act of 1998.
- Met AYP (Annual Yearly Progress) (2007) Met all objectives for groups on the state report card.
- "Closing the Gap" Award (2007) Based on "closing the gap" test scores of historically low performing groups (in this case, children of poverty). Given by the State Education Oversight Committee. Results were from assessments of English Language Arts (ELA0 and mathematics portions of the 2007 Palmetto Achievement Challenge Test (PACT).
- Met AYP (Annual Yearly Progress) (2006) Met all objectives for groups on the state report card.
- Met AYP (Annual Yearly Progress) (2005) Met all objectives for groups on the state report card.
- Healthy Schools Award (2004-2005) In 2004, earned five components of the Healthy Schools Award. In 2005, earned the remaining three components of the Healthy Schools Award. The Award is sponsored by the SC Department of Health and Environmental Services with a focus on coordinated health programs which eliminates barriers to learning.