- Greet adults and call them by their names. This shows a friendly attitude.
- When someone is speaking, look at them as they talk. This shows respect and confidence.
- Congratulate others on a job well done. This shows good sportsmanship.
- Respect others’ comments, ideas, and opinions. This shows cooperation.
- Do not brag if you win or are good at something. Everyone respects a good sport.
- When asked a question, answer in a polite manner. This shows others that you are listening.
- If you cough, sneeze, or burp, you should turn your head away from others and cover your mouth with the bend of your arm. After you’re done, you should say, “Excuse me.”
- Do not smack your lips, roll your eyes, or show disrespect with any other gestures.
- Always say “thank you” when someone gives you something.
- When reading together in class, you must read along. If you are called on, you must know exactly where we are and begin reading.
- If you ask for a reward, it will not be given. You should make good choices and try your best because you want to be your best, not because you want a reward.
- Homework should be turned in each time it is assigned. In regards to homework, there should be no moaning or complaining because this work is part of a student’s job.
- Transitions should be swift, quiet, and orderly.
- When you're with a substitute teacher, you must obey the same rules that are in place when your teacher is present.
- Pay attention while your teacher is talking and do not get out of your seat while a lesson is being taught.
- When you meet a visitor, shake their hand, tell him/her who you are, and welcome that person to our school.
- Do not save seats in the lunchroom.
- Follow the ABC’s of food etiquette:
· When you sit down, put a napkin in your lap and when you are finished eating, place the napkin on
the table beside your plate.
· Never place your elbows on the table.
· Do not lick your fingers. Use your napkin.
· Chew with your mouth closed, and wait until you’ve swallowed before talking.
· Don’t play with your food.
· If you drop anything on the floor, pick it up.
· Remember to say “thank you” to those who’ve prepared your food.
- When riding a bus, face forward and remain seated. When leaving the bus, thank the driver and tell him/her to have a good day.
- If someone is following you to a door, hold the door for them and then walk through the doorway.
- If you bump into someone, say “excuse me”.
- When in the hallway, walk quietly, in a single file line, and remain on the blue line.
- When in the hallway, keep your hands to yourself, and never cut in line.
- If someone is bullying you, let your teacher know so that he/she can handle it. That is the best choice.
- Understand that we all make mistakes. Learn from them and move on.
- Be honest, even if you’ve done something wrong. Honesty IS the best policy.
- Be the best person you can be!